SkySchool runs 1 and 2 Day Paragliding Taster Courses in Mere, Wiltshire which follow the APPI Paragliding syllabus shown below. The Paragliding Taster Course is designed for complete beginners who wish to experience the sport of Paragliding. They offer a good insight into the sport and allow students to learn the basic skills required. The aim is to get the student off the ground while flying a Paraglider, as well as complete a tandem flight if the weather permits. To make an enquiry or a booking contact SkySchool.
SkySchool runs Group Taster courses and prices are available upon request. The Course fee includes all equipment, fuel and oil. It does not include transport, accommodation, food or insurance. Taster Courses take place in Mere, Wiltshire, over the weekends when we are running Paramotoring Beginner Courses. Students should meet us outside the Co-Op in Mere at 09:30am. Visit our Locations page for accommodation and travel information. To make a booking or enquire about the Course prices and availability contact SkySchool.
1. Introduction and completion of all paperwork
2. Lecture 1: Theory of Flight
3. Introduction to the Wing and Harness
4. Untangling, folding and care of the Wing
5. Wearing the harness, clipping into the wing and 6 point checks
6. Forward and Reverse launch training
7. Ground Handling Training
8. Hand Towing Training no higher than 30ft
9. Low hops from no higher than 250ft having completed the above training
Fill out the form below and we will be in contact shortly