2014 Course Dates
Course 1: 12th - 17th August
6 Day Beginners: Availability!
Course 2: 19th - 24th August
6 Day Beginners: Availability!
SkySchool is Europe's leading Paramotoring school and runs 6 Day Beginner Paramotoring courses in Mere, Wiltshire alongside the Paramotor manufacturer Parajet. The 6 Day beginners course is normally followed by the 6 Day Intermediate course which we recommend students sit in Spain. Students who purchase their own equipment before the course can sit the Intermediate course in the UK as well. For further information please contact us.
6 Day Beginner's Course: £POA (Enquire Now)
Designed for complete beginners or Paraglider pilots with less than 20 hours. Students sit the first 6 days of the 12 day Foot Launched Microlight (FLM) syllabus. Training consists of ground handling, hand towing and/or paragliding hops, motor usage instruction, basic lectures and should culminate in at least 1 solo flight. Students then progress on to the 6 Day Intermediate course. For further information please contact us.
Included in the Course: The course fee includes all kit hire and kit insurance, instruction, fuel, oil and transport around the sites. It does not include accommodation, transport to the site, food, drink or insurance. For accommodation and further information visit the location page. To book a course contact us.
APPI PPG Adventure Pilot Training Syllabus
Introductory Course: Days 1 and 2
1. Introduction to APPI PPG, the Sport, the School and completion of all paperwork
2. Lecture 1: Theory of Flight
3. Introduction to the Wing and Harness
4. Untangling, folding and care of the Wing
5. Wearing the harness, clipping into the wing and 6 point checks
6. Forward and Reverse launch training
7. Ground Handling Training
8. Hand Towing Training no higher than 30ft
OPTIONAL: Student Training Flights in a Tandem Paramotor at any time during the course (Instructor must hold a valid APPI PPG Tandem License to provide Tandem flights)
OPTIONAL: Low hops from no higher than 250ft having completed the above training (Instructor must hold a valid APPI PPG Instructor license for this type of training)
9. Motor Safety Check List
10. Safe Starting Procedures with electric and/or pull start Paramotors
11. Wearing the motor and running it
12. Hang Tests, Adjustments, Reserve Practice Deployments and Pre Solo Flight Simulation
Adventure Pilot Level Course: Days 3 to 6
1. Lecture 2: Basic Meteorology
2. Lecture 3: Basic Air Law
3. SKILLS CHECK: Forward Launch Competency after repeated training
4. SKILLS CHECK: Reverse Launch Competency after repeated training
5. SKILLS CHECK: Ground Handling Competency after repeated training
6. SKILLS CHECK: Landing Competency after repeated hand towing
7. SKILLS CHECK: Pre-flight checks, site assessment, weather to fly, motor usage competency after lectures and briefings
8. Lecture 4: Pre-Solo Flight Briefing
9. Flight 1: A multiple circuit flight of between 20 and 30 minutes in an open, unobstructed area, in smooth conditions and winds peeds less than 10mph, under the supervision and guidance of a qualified APPI PPG Instructor.
OPTIONAL: Low Hops from no higher than 250ft having completed the above skills checks (Instructor must hold a valid APPI Paraglding Instructor license for this type of training)
OPTIONAL: Winch towing from no higher than 250ft having completed the above skills checks (Instructor must hold a valid APPI Winch Instructor license for this type of training)
OPTIONAL: Practice launches while wearing the engine without it running
Prior to 1st Solo Paramotor Flight the student must read and sign below:
I, (name of the student) understand that I have successfully completed the practical and theoretical stages of the APPI PPG Adventure Pilot course. I understand and agree that as Pilot in Command I am fully responsible for the safe conduct of any flight and am confident of my ability to undertake this step. Furthermore, I understand that the engine may fail, the radios may fail and that I am completely prepared to deal with both eventualities and to land safely.
APPI PPG students must satisfactorily complete all course performance requirements to attain the APPI PPG Adventure Pilot rating. Upon completion they can progress on to the APPI PPG Pilot Course and we highly recommend they sit this in Spain in consistent weather conditions. For further information or to book a course contact us.