Paragliding and Paramotoring Taster courses are available in the UK in Mere, Wiltshire in Spring and summer. The courses follow the APPI and APPI PPG syllabus and are designed for complete beginners who wish to experience the sports of Paramotoring and Paragliding. They offer a good insight into the sport and allow students to learn the basic skills required. During the Taster course the aim is get the student off the ground while flying a Paraglider, either under tow or from a hill, and if the weather allows, complete a tandem flight. The courses dates are available on the right hand side of the 6 Day Beginners course page and the best days to book a Taster are Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Weekends but ONLY when we are running UK courses.
1 Day inc. Tandem: £POA (Enquire Now)
2 Days inc. Tandem: £POA (Enquire Now)
For further information please contact us.
Included in the Course: The course fee includes all kit hire, instruction, fuel and transport on site.
Not Included in the Course: It does not include accommodation, transport to the site, food, drink or insurance. For accommodation or further information visit the location page and to book a course contact us.
APPI Course Training Syllabus
Open Sky Taster Course: Days 1 and 2
1. Introduction to APPI PPG, the Sport, the School and completion of all paperwork
2. Lecture 1: Theory of Flight
3. Introduction to the Wing and Harness
4. Untangling, folding and care of the Wing
5. Wearing the harness, clipping into the wing and 6 point checks
6. Forward and Reverse launch training
7. Ground Handling Training
8. Hand Towing Training no higher than 30ft
OPTIONAL: Student Training Flights in a Tandem Paramotor at any time during the course (Instructor must hold a valid APPI PPG Tandem License to provide Tandem flights)
OPTIONAL: Low hops from no higher than 250ft having completed the above training (Instructor must hold a valid APPI PPG Instructor license for this type of training)
9. Motor Safety Check List
10. Safe Starting Procedures with electric and/or pull start Paramotors
11. Wearing the motor and running it
12. Hang Tests, Adjustments, Reserve Practice Deployments and Pre Solo Flight Simulation