SkySchool MD Alex Ledger is an APPI PPG Master Instructor and developed the APPI PPG Training System. APPI PPG is part of APPI, the Association of Professional Paragliding Instructors, which is an international association designed to qualify Paragliding and Paramotoring pilots and instructors around the world. APPI PPG Instructor courses take place regularly around the world and can be arranged by contacting us.
The APPI PPG Instructor training system consists of three stages:
1. APPI PPG Assistant Instructor
2. APPI PPG Instructor
3. APPI PPG Master Instructor
APPI PPG Instructors can specialise in certain disciplines by sitting separate courses to become Tandem Pilots, Tandem Instructors, Advanced Instructors, Performance Instructors and Fly Guides. APPI PPG Master Instructors can become Tandem Masters, Performance Masters and Fly Guide Masters.
APPI PPG Assistant Instructor Courses
The key to the APPI PPG Instructor training system is the Assistant Instructor course as it allows pilots to gain the first instructor qualification. After the course APPI PPG Assistant Instructors are capable of providing PPG students with quality knowledge and skill development during APPI programs and courses, while under the supervision of a Certified APPI PPG Instructor. Assistant Instructor courses are run around the world, for further information contact us.
Prerequisites and Course Contents
To enroll in an APPI PPG Assistant Instructor course, an individual must:
1. Be a Certified APPI PPG Advanced pilot or hold a similar qualification from another paramotor organization.
2. Be at least 18 years old and be in a good medical condition.
3. Respect the APPI PPG Safety Rules and Quality Standards.
4. Agree to complete the APPI PPG Assistant Instructor Theoretical course and exam.
5. Agree to sit a minimum 6 Day course with a certified APPI PPG Master Instructor.
APPI PPG Assistant Instructors are authorized to:
1. Assist students during their training while under the direct supervision of an APPI PPG Instructor.
2. Conduct the ground handling skills segment of the APPI PPG Open Sky Taster Courses, APPI PPG Adventure Courses and APPI PPG Pilot courses.
3. Assist students during the introduction to the engine on the ground segment of the APPI PPG Open Sky Taster Courses, APPI PPG Adventure Courses and APPI PPG Pilot courses.
Note: APPI PPG Assistant Instructors are not authorized to instruct the students over the radio when they are flying.
Training and Certification
APPI PPG Assistant Instructor candidates must satisfactorily complete all course requirements to be certified as APPI PPG Assistant Instructors. To apply for certification, the certifying APPI PPG Master Instructor must submit online a completed, validated APPI PPG Assistant Instructor Application, along with the required photo, application fee, and other qualifying certification documentation (if applicable). Upon approval of the application, APPI will issue an APPI PPG Assistant Instructor card. For further information or to book a course contact us.
APPI PPG Instructor Course
Once qualified as an APPI PPG Assistant Instructor the instructor needs to gain experience by working in a Paramotor school for at least 12 months before sitting an APPI PPG Instructor course. During this course the assistant instructor will be assessed both practically and theoretically. An APPI PPG Instructor is a role model who has a high level of experience and knowledge of PPG skills, theory and instruction. APPI PPG Instructors may set up their own APPI PPG school and conduct APPI PPG Open Sky courses, APPI PPG Adventure courses and APPI PPG Pilot Courses. APPI PPG Instructors may also become specialty instructors. Instructor courses are run around the world, for further information or to book a course contact us.
Prerequisites and Course Contents
1. To enrol on an APPI PPG Instructor course candidates must have worked as an Assistant Instructor for over 12 months in an APPI PPG school.
2. They must then be assessed by an APPI PPG Master Instructor during a course with real students while instructing the Master Instructor as if he is a student on his First Solo flight.
3. They must demonstrate to the Master Instructor their ability to take off and land in a variety of different weather conditions.
4. They must demonstrate knowledge and experience to an APPI PPG Master Instructor in an interview, followed by successfully passing the APPI PPG Instructor Exam.
APPI PPG Instructors are authorized to:
1. Run APPI PPG Taster Courses, Adventure Courses and Pilot Courses.
2. Become APPI PPG Specialty instructors.
APPI PPG Master Instructors
An APPI PPG Master Instructor is a highly experienced and knowledgeable instructor, with exemplary PPG skills, theory and instruction. APPI PPG Master Instructors may run APPI PPG Instructor courses and qualify APPI PPG Assistant Instructors and APPI PPG Instructors. APPI PPG Master Instructor Development consists of assisting APPI PPG Master Instructors during APPI PPG Assistant Instructor courses and APPI PPG Instructor Courses, before being assessed at their ability to run both of these courses by two different APPI PPG Master Instructors. Master Instructor courses are run around the world, for further information or to book a course contact us.
Prerequisites and Course Contents
1. Be certified as an APPI PPG Instructor for a minimum of four years, or with another paramotor training organization.
2. Be at least 25 years old and be in a good medical condition.
3. Have assisted an APPI PPG Master Instructor on at least two APPI PPG Instructor Courses.
4. Present a logbook with at least 500 hours of solo PPG flight.
5. Agree to be assessed by an APPI PPG Master Instructor during a one week APPI PPG Instructor course, while demonstrating the ability to correctly run both the practical and theoretical elements of an APPI PPG Assistant Instructor course.
6. Agree to be assessed by an APPI PPG Master Instructor during an APPI PPG Instructor course, while demonstrating the ability to correctly run both the practical and theoretical elements of an APPI PPG Instructor course.
7. Submit evidence of a valid first aid certificate.
8. Respect the APPI Safety Rules and Quality Standards
APPI PPG Master Instructors are authorized to:
1. Run APPI PPG Instructor Courses and issue APPI PPG Instructor licenses.
2. Become APPI PPG Specialty Master Instructors.
We are based in Empuriabrava which is situated on the beautiful Costa Brava coastline in north east Catalunya, Spain. It is approximately 15 minutes from Figueres, the birth place of Salvador Dali, and only 60 minutes from Girona airport. The location is easily accessible both by air, road and rail. The AP-7 motorway runs straight past Figueres making the French border less than 30 minutes to the north and Barcelona 2 hours to the south. Girona Airport is less than 1 hour to the south and is a Ryan Air hub. There are plenty of cheap flights available from a wide range of locations around Europe. There are train and bus services from the airport to Figueres. We provide accommodation in a private villa in Empuriabrava which costs €35 a night in a shared room and €50 a night in a single room. For further information about the advanced course, to discuss your individual requirements or to make a booking please contact us.