Paragliding and Paramotoring Taster courses are available in the UK in Mere, Wiltshire in Spring and summer. The courses follow the APPI and APPI PPG syllabus and are designed for complete beginners who wish to experience the sports of Paramotoring and Paragliding. They offer a good insight into the sport and allow students to learn the basic skills required. During the Taster course the aim is get the student off the ground while flying a Paraglider, either under tow or from a hill, and if the weather allows, complete a tandem flight. The courses dates are available on the right hand side of the 6 Day Beginners course page and the best days to book a Taster are Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Weekends but ONLY when we are running UK courses.
1 Day inc. Tandem: £250 (Enquire Now)
2 Days inc. Tandem: £350 (Enquire Now)
For further information please contact us.
Included in the Course: The course fee includes all kit hire, instruction, fuel and transport on site.
Not Included in the Course: It does not include accommodation, transport to the site, food, drink or insurance. For accommodation or further information visit the location page and to book a course contact us.
APPI Course Training Syllabus
Open Sky Taster Course: Days 1 and 2
Independent of the weather
1. Introduction to the Sport and School
2. Theory of Flight Lecture
3. Parts of a Wing and Harness
4. Ground Handling and Launch practice
5. Hand Towing and/or Paragliding Hops
6. Tandem Paraglide or Paramotor Flight (VERY weather dependent!)
7. Untangling, folding and General Care of the Wings
8. Motor Check List (PPG Only)
9. Safe Starting Procedures (PPG Only)
10. Wearing the Motor and Running It (PPG Only)
11. Hang Tests, Adjustments and Pre Flight Simulation (PPG Only)