The AFF course, run from Empuriabrava in Spain, is by far the best and safest way to be introduced into the world of freefall. In this course you will learn not only how to control and fly your parachute but also how to control your body in freefall. With your instructors you will undergo extensive ground school and preparatory training to enable you to attain the learning objectives set out for each jump from 12.500ft in fantastic weather conditions. The AFF course is designed for those who wish to either take up the sport or simply have an experience of a lifetime and a sense of achievement. It courses consists of 8 jumps made up of one tandem and 7 solos. This is then followed by 10 consolditation jumps which allow the student to gain their 'A' license and thus become a qualified skydiver. These courses are available all year round at any time of the year, as are the accommodation options. To make a booking or to discuss the course contact us.
AFF Only with 1 Tandem and 7 Solos: €POA (Enquire Now)
AFF and A License Course with 10 Consolidation Jumps: €POA (Enquire Now)
Compulsory 3 Months Medical and 3rd Party Insurance: €POA (Enquire Now)
The AFF course is a seven-level program designed to teach you to become a skydiver. Together with 2 instructors, you will freefall for about 50 seconds from 12,500 feet. During one day of ground training you will learn all about your equipment and how to fly your body in freefall. Having completed the ground training, you make a tandem skydive during which you demonstrate the ability to fly your body in Freefall, open the parachute and fly it safely to the ground.
Now, you are ready for Level 1 Accelerated Freefall (AFF), your first assisted solo skydive on your own parachute. This jump is made from 12,500 feet with two instructors. On the first 3 levels, two instructors will accompany you in freefall. The last 4 jumps only require one AFF instructor.
Your jumps will always be recorded by air-to-air video to allow the instructor to give you the most accurate post-jump debriefing of your performance. The descents are all controlled by radio link to an instructor on the ground, in order for you to learn to fly and land your parachute in all safety.
On successful completion of the AFF course, you are presented with an achievement certificate, a log book and a DVD of your jumps. With this experience, you can then complete the necessary 10 consolidation jumps in order to acquire your A license which allows you to progress onto formation skydiving, freeflying and a whole lot more!
Your AFF course includes:
- 1 day ground school training
- 1 Tandem jump
- 7 AFF jumps
- Freefall Video of 7 AFF levels
- Personalised instruction
- Briefing and debriefing of each jump
- Equipment rental
- All lifts to altitude
- Freefall supervision by 1 or 2 instructors
- Radio communication under parachute
- Instruction in basic canopy flight
- Skydiving Log book
Your 10 Consolidation Jumps include:
- All equipment rental and packing
- All lifts to altitude
- Minimum Age = 16 (need parents' consent under 18 years)
- Max weight = 100 kg
- Average level of fitness
AFF levels that need to be repeated if learning objectives are not achieved:
- Cost: levels 1 to 3 = €POA
- Cost: levels 4 to 7 = €POA
- Solo jump: €POA
- Gear hire: €POA
Frequently asked questions:
- Where: Empuriabrava, north east Spain.
- Transport: Girona Airport is well serviced by Ryan Air and transfers cost €35 each way. To arrange one contact us.
- When: Seven days a week all year round.
- What do I need: Shoes and comfortable clothing. Shorts and T Shirts for Summer and warm clothes for Winter.
- Accommodation and Food: Available in Empuriabrava or at Aerdromo Ordis which can be arranged if you contact us.
- Booking: To make a booking or to check availability contact us.