2013 Course Dates
SkySchool is Europe's leading Paramotoring school and runs 6 Day Beginner Paramotoring courses in Mere, Wiltshire alongside the Paramotor manufacturer Parajet. The 6 Day beginners course is normally followed by the 6 Day Intermediate course which we recommend students sit in Spain. Students who purchase their own equipment before the course can sit the Intermediate course in the UK as well. For further information please contact us.
6 Day Beginner's Course: £POA (Enquire Now)
Designed for complete beginners or Paraglider pilots with less than 20 hours. Students sit the first 6 days of the 12 day Foot Launched Microlight (FLM) syllabus. Training consists of ground handling, hand towing and/or paragliding hops, motor usage instruction, basic lectures and should culminate in at least 1 solo flight. Students then progress on to the 6 Day Intermediate course. For further information please contact us.
Included in the Course: The course fee includes all kit hire and kit insurance, instruction, fuel, oil and transport around the sites. It does not include accommodation, transport to the site, food, drink or insurance. For accommodation and further information visit the location page. To book a course contact us.
SkySchool FLM Training Syllabus
Introductory Course: Days 1 and 2
Independent of the weather
1. Introduction to the Sport and School
2. Theory of Flight Lecture
3. Parts of a Wing and Harness
4. Ground Handling and Launch practice
5. Hand Towing or Low Hops
6. Tandem Trike Flights
7. Untangling, folding and General Care of the Wings
8. Motor Check List
9. Safe Starting Procedures
10. Wearing the Motor and Running It
11. Hang Tests, Adjustments and Pre Flight Simulation
Student Level Course: Days 3 to 6
12. Further Forward and Reverse Launch practice until competent
13. Further Ground Handling, Towing and Landings until competent
14. Power Assisted practice launches with the Hydro Jet until competent
15. Basic Meteorology Lecture
16. Basic Air Law Lecture
17. Risk and Reward DVD
18. Further Motor Checks, Usage, Hang tests and Simulations until competent
19. Reserve Deployments, Wing Repair and Engine maintenance
20. Pre Solo Flight Briefing
The 6 day Beginners course is made up of the 2 day Introductory course and the 4 day Student Level course. The aim of the 6 Day Beginners course is for the student to complete at least One Solo Paramotor Flight.